With daily new events on Facebook and Twitter.
A behavioural and body language expert from Australia has revealed how to make a great first impression. All in all, you have just 15 to 30 seconds to make a positive impact on people.
So, what are her tips?
* Be conscious of personal body space. Don´t kiss and hug people if they don´t want to.
* Stand close enough so that you don´t have to raise your voice.
* Treat the person as you would treat a friend
* People love to talk about themselves. Control the situation by letting them talk about their personal life and their achievements.
* If you run out of conversation, excuse yourself to go to the toilet or something similar.
* Dress up in an outfit that gives you confidence. When you feel confident, you project confidence.
* Stand upright, never let your arms fall down and have a pleasant personality.
Anna says the most effective approach is to “mentally prepare yourself before you meet someone for the first time.
‘If you’ve been thinking about something negative just before you meet someone that could come across if you cross your legs or frown.’
It´s very easy to transform a good impression into a bad one but it´s extremely difficult turn a negative impression into a positive one.